The coach has refused to blame the German for Sunday's result and says the whole squad must take responsibility for the loss which saw them miss the chance to move top
Luis Enrique has sought to take responsibility for Barcelona's 4-3 loss at Celta Vigo on Sunday following an error-strewn display from goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen
.
Individual mistakes cost Barcelona
The German's individual mistakes had a major influence on the outcome as the champions suffered their second defeat in seven La Liga matches so far this season.
But former Celta coach Luis Enrique attempted to shift the blame away from the 24-year-old shot-stopper following a result that left Barca fourth, two points behind leaders Atletico Madrid going into the international break.
"The defeat is for everyone," he told Barca TV. "First for me, myself, I am the one responsible for the team. Now we have to pick ourselves up.
"It was an important day for us as we had the chance to go top and we did not take advantage of it.
"We started the game well and in the first 15 minutes I was pleased, but from then on we entered a negative dynamic and began to lose individual duels in which they got the better of us.
"The players are not machines, we must pick ourselves up and compete in the next game."
Luis Enrique also defended his decision to name Andres Iniesta among the substitutes at Estadio de Balaidos.
No comments:
Post a Comment